In some cases, students who took college courses in person on a college campus after their junior year of high school can apply to receive Prematriculation Transfer Credit. This page describes Prematriculation Transfer Credit and outlines the procedures for requesting credit. 

When Prematriculation Transfer Credit may apply

College courses completed on college campuses and used to satisfy high school graduation requirements or Notre Dame admission requirements are not accepted for credit.

A maximum of three college courses completed on college campuses after the junior year of high school but before enrollment at Notre Dame are considered for credit as determined by the Center for University Advising in consultation with other colleges and departments.

Normally, first-year requirements may not be satisfied through transfer credit.

How to Request Prematriculation Transfer Credit

First-year students must resolve all college credit situations before or during their first semester at Notre Dame and must present the following:

  • An official transcript
  • A copy of the published description of the course (including whether the course was completed online, in-person, synchronous, or asynchronous.)
  • A course syllabus

After assembling these documents, contact your First Year Advisor for detailed instructions on this process.