First Year & Incoming Students
First Year Advising guides incoming and first-year students as they discern their personal and academic interests, transition to college-level academics, and begin to build a home at Notre Dame.
You can expect to partner with First Year Advising to:
- Provide individualized, proactive advising
- Cultivate a sense of intellectual and personal belonging
- Encourage academic and intellectual exploration
- Provide you with the resources to develop effective learning strategies
- Help you find meaning and purpose in your liberal arts education
- Introduce you to University resources
- Engage you with the purpose and value of collegiate-level advising
- Complete the administrative work of advising efficiently, accurately, and transparently
Learn more about how you can partner with your advisor
FirstYear@ND is your first-year student newsletter, packed with helpful reminders and resources as you enter the Notre Dame community
Follow us on Instagram
NDfirstyear, the official Instagram of First Year Advising, provides resources and information as you transition and thrive at Notre Dame.