How to register for an academic advising information session
In early June, First Year Advisors will be hosting academic advising information sessions via Zoom. These group sessions are a great way for you to learn more about the curricular requirements for your intended program and to prepare for your one-on-one meeting with your advisor later in the summer.
Step One: Review the Schedule
- Use the table below to identify the academic advising information sessions offered this summer. Sessions are organized by college or school and will speak explicitly about the college and major requirements and recommendations for your first year at Notre Dame.
What if I can't make it to the session?
If you are unable to join your college or school's information session, don't worry. A recording of the session will be posted on this page along with all resources used in the presentation. Return to this page after the session date to view the recording.
Step Two: Register for a Session
- Select and click on a "Registration Link" within the table below to register for an academic advising information session. You will be required to log into Zoom via your Notre Dame Okta account in order to register and join the session. If you attempt to register using a non-Notre Dame email account, you will receive an error message stating, "This meeting is for authorized registrants only."
- After you've registered, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Zoom meeting.
- Within this automated email, you may wish to select the "Add to Calendar" option to make sure you remember your session date and time.
- Return to this email and/or calendar event a few minutes before your session is scheduled and use the provided link to join the information session.
Step Three: Review and Prepare
- Make sure you have Zoom installed and have a good internet connection. Learn more about downloading Zoom on your device and make sure you have the minimum version of Zoom required by Notre Dame.
- Review the Fall Semester Registration Checklist and Previous FirstYear@ND Communications. Browse the Requirements and Credits, Registration Tools and Resources, and How to use PATH Class Search resources.
- View the How to Register with NOVO video to learn step-by-step how to use the system and get tips on what to look out for on your registration day. You may also need to connect to the Notre Dame VPN to access NOVO. Learn more about downloading the Notre Dame VPN gateway as a student.
|College or School||Date||Time||Registration Link||Recording/Resources|
|School of Architecture||N/A||N/A||One-on-one meeting with your First Year Advisor||Resource 1|
|College of Arts and Letters||Sun., June 12||7:00 PM EST||Registration has ended||Resource 1 Resource 2 | Recording|
|Mendoza College of Business||Mon., June 6||8:00 PM EST||Registration has ended||Resources | Recording|
|College of Engineering||Wed., June 8||7:00 PM EST||Registration has ended||Resources | Recording|
|Keough School of Global Affairs||N/A||N/A||One-on-one meeting with your First Year Advisor||Resource 1 | Resource 2|
|College of Science||Tues., June 7||7:00 PM EST||Registration has ended||Resources | Recording|